The need for high bandwidth video applications has increased in the last years. Video & Imaging is used in many industries: Homeland Security, Medical, IoT, Military and more.
Video applications require real-time processing that is usually performed in a co-processor of a SOC, creating a need for experts who can control the video path, program the co-processor and camera to achieve optimized video quality for the available resources (Network bandwidth or SOC CPU power.
Trego’s engineers have been working with video products in many fields and architectures:
- We have gained a lot of experience in programming the video cores of different architectures
- Adjusted the camera interface to get the best performance
- And developed video applications using different open-source video frameworks like GStreamer, OpenMAX, FFmpeg, Live555 and other
Digital Video Recorder for Medical Device.
- Architecture: i.MX6
- Distribution: Yocto
- Framework used: custom MIPI CSI2 camera driver, GStreame
- Description: We have optimized the MIPI camera sensor to get high quality video in poor light conditions. The video path included overlaying images over live video, recording the encoded video to local storage and video streaming over Wi-Fi network